The Flathead National Forest is looking to boost fees for several of its rental cabins and campgrounds.
The proposal would add a new fee at Lindbergh Lake Campground, and bring several additional existing cabin and lookout rentals, and one additional campground into alignment with other sites offering similar benefits and services, the Forest Service said in a release.
The proposal will help the Forest achieve more consistent pricing for fee sites with similar levels of amenities and capacity and providing high-quality recreation experiences. For instance, rental cabins with a higher level of amenities such as potable water, electricity and/or propane heat and appliances are proposed for $65 to $85, based on available capacity – which is in line with the current prices at similar cabins, the Forest Service said. Sites with fewer amenities are being proposed at $40 to $50 per night. The same pricing strategy is being applied to the campgrounds.
The proposal includes;
• Lindbergh Lake Campground, Swan Lake Ranger District; a proposed new fee of $10 per night with a $5 extra vehicle fee per night for more than two vehicles.
In the Hungry Horse/Glacier View district:
• Ben Rover Cabin – fee increase from $50 to $65 per night
• Challenge Cabin – fee increase from $30 to $50 per night
• Ford Cabin – fee increase from $35 to $50 per night
• Hornet Lookout – fee increase from $20 to $40 per night
• Ninko Cabin – fee increase from $30 to $50 per night
• Schnaus Cabin – fee increase from $50 to $65 per night
• Wurtz Cabin – fee increase from $65 to $75 per night
• Zip’s Place Cabin – fee increase from $50 to $70 per night
Spotted Bear District
• Spotted Bear Campground – fee increase from $10 to $13 per night with no change to the extra vehicle fee of $5 for over two vehicles
Swan Lake District
• Mission Lookout – fee increase from $25 to $45 per night
• Old Condon Ranger Station – fee increase from $65 to $85 per night
• Owl Creek Cabin – fee increase from $30 to $50 per night
• Swan Lake Guard Station – fee increase from $55 to $70 per night
The public can submit comments about this fee proposal by Nov. 20. For more information, questions or to provide comments about any of these fee change proposals, please visit www.fs.usda.gov/goto/r1recfee or contact Chris Prew at (406) 758-3538. They can mail comments to: Chris Prew, Flathead National Forest Supervisor’s Office, 650 Wolfpack Way, Kalispell, MT 59901 or email comments to email@example.com.