Smoky fire damages home

Print Article

Columbia Falls firefighters responded to a house fire on Eighth Street West Sunday afternoon shortly before 4 p.m.

Chief Rick Hagen said a bed caught on fire and damaged contents in the room. The homeowner was able to put it out with a garden hose, but firefighters had to ventilate the building, which was damaged by smoke.

Hagen said the fire was likely caused by electrical cords that were under some clothes. One was charging a cell phone.

No one was injured, but the smoke made the house uninhabitable.

The Red Cross was helping the renters until the home could be cleaned out.

Print Article

Read More Local News

Another round of tests at CFAC show high concentrations of cyanide, but only near landfills

October 18, 2018 at 12:50 pm | Hungry Horse News Columbia Falls Aluminum Co. officials released more data in a meeting Wednesday night that further pinpoints old landfills north of the plant as being the primary culprits for pollution at the Superf...

Comments

Read More

School phone fundraiser is a scam, police warn

October 17, 2018 at 4:45 pm | Hungry Horse News If you’ve gotten a call from a company selling T-shirts to benefit the Columbia Falls basketball team, it’s scam, the school and police are warning people. The school district told the Hungry Horse ...

Comments

Read More

School super raises concerns about industrial park tax plan

October 17, 2018 at 3:39 pm | Hungry Horse News School District 6 Superintendent Steve Bradshaw raised concerns about the city’s plan to create a targeted economic development district at the Columbia Rising Industrial Park. The industrial park i...

Comments

Read More

Bundy claims state’s rights at talk

October 17, 2018 at 10:18 am | Hungry Horse News Public land advocates and a group supporting its transfer to private ownership spoke their minds at two separate events Saturday in Whitefish. Kalispell-based “This West is OUR West” hosted a day-lo...

Comments

Read More

Contact Us

(406) 892-2151
PO BOX 189, 926 Nucleus Avenue
Columbia Falls, MT 59912

©2018 Hungry Horse News Terms of Use Privacy Policy
X
X