A workshop was destroyed in an early morning fire at 1060 Conn Road Jan. 8, but Columbia Falls firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the residence, which was only about 20 feet away.
The blaze was reported at 3:36 a.m. said Columbia Falls fire chief Rick Hagen. Hagen said a host of Columbia Falls engines and equipment responded to the rural fire and Evergreen assisted with a tender as well.
Hagen said the house did get warm, but did not appear to have any damage
The shop, which was an enclosed pole barn, was a total loss. The fire was likely caused by a problem with the woodstove inside the shop, Hagen said.
Firefighters were off the scene at 6:38 a.m.