The Columbia Falls boys track team picked up another impressive win last week, holding off several AA schools to finish first at the Mike Reynolds Time Trial in Cut Bank Thursday.
The Wildcats placed four runners in the top-10 and finished with just 47 team points to easily outpace AA Great Falls (71), CMR (72) and Flathead (133), along with the other 14 schools at the meet.
The Wildkats had one runner in the top-ten and finished fourth, behind Flathead, Whitefish and CMR.
“We had good racing conditions with a cool afternoon. The rain stayed away and I was really happy with the teams’ performances,” head coach Jim Peacock said. “The course was fast, and almost everyone on the team improved their race times, despite a challenging week of workouts.”
According to Peacock, the race started out fast, with the top four C-Falls kids holding ground in the main chase pack. Aidan Jarvis eventually broke to the front of the chase pack and closed ground on the leader to take second. Joe Lamb had a more conservative start to his race and gave himself a lot of ground to make up in the middle of the race, but closed enough ground to finish fourth. James Role held strong throughout to finish eighth. Seth Umbriaco paced the chase pack early and finished tenth. Bailey Sjostrom rounded out the team scoring with a 26th-place finish out of a field of 189 runners.
The girls also had a good race, according to Peacock, with most of the team improving their times from last weekend’s meet in Libby. Like last week, Lara Erickson ran a confident and strong race and finished fifth in a field of 128 runners.The remaining six Columbia Falls varsity runners were led by Kate Reigelova in 28th place and the rest of her varsity teammates were all within twenty-seven seconds of her as Alyssa Blankenship, Hannah Sempf, Siri Erickson, Courtney Hoerner and Azlyn Caldwell all finished in the top-50.
“The girls gained some good race experience, and I’m happy with their improved race times,” Peacock said.
The Columbia Falls cross country teams will be back in action Saturday at the Flathead Invite at Rebecca Farm. The races are set to begin at 11 a.m.
Mike Reynolds Time Trial
1. Connor O’Harra, CMR, 15:54.72
2. Aidan Jarvis, C-Falls, 16:15.89
3. Gavin Groshelle, Great Falls, 16:33.50
4. Joe Lamb, C-Falls, 16:43.93
5. Brad Cichoz, Harlem, 16:47.30
6. Henry Kakalecik, Great Falls, 16:49.94
7. Miles Vrentas, Whitefish, 16:55.36
8. James Role, C-Falls, 16:59.32
9. Braden Younkin, CMR, 17:00.70
10. Seth Umbriaco, C-Falls, 17:06.37
Other Columbia Falls racers:
26. Baily Sjostrom, 18:03.63
37. James Peterson, 18:28.67
50. TJ Jacobi, 19:01.98
56. Coleman Willenzien, 19:12.59
85. Mason Mendenhall, 20:03.64
103. Colin Smith, 20:34.63
111. Hayden Mohr-Mead, 20:42.95
116. Brayden Hallett, 20:52.53
123. Aiden Judge, 21:13.13
126. Jonathan Blankenship, 21:16.28
169. Reid Hicks, 25:00.10
176. Duncan Smith, 25:59.05
187. Liam Rohn, 31.47.99
1. L’Tia Lawrence, Harlem, 19:02.65
2. Madeline Jellison, Flathead, 19:23.81
3. Jessica Henson, Whitefish, 19:39.90
4. Kynsie Schmidt, CMR, 19:42.37
5. Lara Erickson, C-Falls, 19:46.61
6. Mackenzie Dean, CMR, 19:54.58
7. Tori Noland-Gillespie, Flathead, 19:56.07
8. Taya Trottier, Harlem, 19:59.99
9. Josephine Vardell, Whitefish, 20:01.89
10. Kya Wood, Flathead, 20:01.89
Other Columbia Falls racers:
28. Katerina Riegelova, 22:15.03
29. Alyssa Blankenship, 22:19.76
30. Hannah Sempf, 22:19.85
32. Siri Erickson, 22:22.84
37. Courtney Hoerner, 22:42.49
38. Azlyn Caldwell, 22:42.93
57. Kara Mohr, 23:48.23
93. Kimberly Peacock, 25:54.76
112. Gracie Mee, 28:28.85
124. Raedyn McDonald, 30:23.00
127. Emerald Templin, 35:38.60
128. Julianna MacPherson, 43:20.98